Drunken Pumpkin Coffee (pronounce it drunkin punkin) kicks up your holiday gift wrapping. Brew a cup before you gift wrap, and you’ll be singing fa-la-la-la-la-la and enjoying your last minute holiday preparations.
A few weeks ago, I shared my Irish American Coffee Cocktail, and it went crazy on social media. Because you received it so well, I decided to also share this little gem.
I’m not a big “booze” drinker. I’m a wine girl. But there is something about hot coffee with liquor that I love. I guess because the coffee’s strength cancels out the taste of the liquor.
Easy to make, this cocktail transitions from fall to winter smoothly and tastefully!
Drunken Pumpkin Hot Coffee Cocktail
- 6 oz hot pumpkin spice coffee, brewed to a medium boldness
- 1 1/4 oz Kahlua (divided: 3/4 oz and 1/2 oz.)
- 1/8 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Place 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 3/4 oz of Kahlua into the bottom of a large coffee mug. No dainty teacups, here!
- Pour 6 oz. of freshly brewed, hot coffee over the cinnamon and Kahlua, stir well.
- Place the vanilla almond milk into a large mug or bowl for frothing. Add the 1/2 of remaining Kahlua. If you noticed in my photos the froth is golden in color, that’s the addition of Kahlua to the milk. Create a nice froth. Pour it over the coffee.
- Dust with the pumpkin pie spice.
Note: you can use regular milk if you like. I really prefer the vanilla, slightly nutty flavor that the almond milk adds to the coffee. That is entirely up to you. While you can’t build as “big” a froth with almond milk as with regular milk, the flavor is superior.
If you don’t have a frother, I can recommend the Pampered Chef Whipped Cream Maker:
I enjoy sipping this along with a batch of freshly baked cookies like my Scottish Shortbread Cookies.
Give the Drunken Pumpkin a try. I’d love to hear how it works out for you. If you love all things pumpkin spice, you will definitely fall in love with this. It’s a great way to treat yourself when you finish all that holiday shopping!