The Liebster Award is a fun, social way for new blogs to put their name out into the blogging community with the goal of getting a few looks.
I was nominated by Billi-Jean of Vintage Cookbook Shelf. I enjoyed her recent post “Happy Canada Day.” While I am an American, I grew up in Erie, PA, and Ontario, Canada was literally just across the lake from me. I spent many vacations in Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Niagara-On-The-Lake, all gems of Ontario. I love Canadians! They are such a friendly and easygoing people.
THE LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
Billi-Jean’s Questions To Me:
- What is one thing that makes you happy? Riding my Jeep with the top off. Not my top. The Jeep’s.
- Who is your favourite author? It sounds pretentious, but I love the works of Jane Austen. I have read all of her works, repeatedly.
- Does pineapple belong on pizza? Yes! As long as there’s also Canadian Bacon (it’s really just ham)
- Why do you love your favourite article of clothing? Lularoe Leggings. I do consider leggings pants.
- Do you have a green thumb? Yes.
- Do you wear lipstick every day? I’m a full foundation and eye makeup gal, but don’t like the feel of lipstick. I never wear it and stick with ChapStick.
- What makes you laugh? My husband. He’s very funny.
- Do you prefer the beach or the forest? The beach, which is good since I live in the Inner Banks region of North Carolina.
- Cat or dog person? I give dogs two paws up! I don’t dislike cats, but I have a strong co-dependency on my toy fox terrier, Rocco.
- Where is one place you’d like to travel to? Ireland
- What is the most important thing for us to know about you? I’m not comfortable in front of the camera. In most of my blog posts, I make my husband be in front of the camera while we do DIY projects. I am always the photographer.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
- I work full-time and blog part-time but secretly wish it were the other way around. I hope my boss doesn’t read this.
- I recently became a North Carolina notary public. I guess two jobs weren’t enough…
- I’m a country girl who is terrified of mice. They are tiny but creepy.
- I spend way too much time on social media looking at other people’s business.
- I would rather live here in rural Bertie County, NC than in any big city. We may not have a McDonald’s or a WalMart, but we have plenty of elbow room.
- I majored in English in college.
- I studied Spanish for eight years, so I’m fairly fluent. We have a large Latino population in my area. I love to eavesdrop on them in the store when they don’t have a clue that I understand them.
- My husband is both my very best friend and the love of my life.
- I treat my dog like he’s my child. Sometimes I even try to reason with him. It doesn’t work out in my favor.
- I love to get up and write my blog posts very early in the morning before work and while I sip my coffee.
- I never heard of the Liebster Award until I was nominated.
My Nominees Are The Following:
I selected my nominees all for the very same reason…these are all bloggers who have commented on a post, liked or shared something, or followed DIY Home & Garden recently. Most of them are fairly new blogs, like my own. I appreciate the kindness of a follow or a share.
- Botanical Adventures
- Kayla Weintraub
- The Hollie Martinez Blog
- Raspberries and Basil
- Willow Farm Design
- Margot Carmichael
- Meet You at Psalms 19
- Project Unbored
- Boo Whole Foods
- Naughty Hiker
The 11 Questions For My Nominees:
- What is your most productive time of the day for writing?
- Cake or pie?
- Where is your ideal vacation location?
- If you could meet any notable person, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- What’s your favorite topic to blog about?
- How did you meet your significant other?
- What social media do you use to promote your blog?
- Do you prefer country life or city lights?
- Will you be on the naughty or nice list this year?
- How many siblings do you have?
That’s the Liebster Award. I really do appreciate the acknowledgment and the opportunity to pay it forward to other new blogs. Please take a moment to follow DIY Home & Garden on WordPress or Facebook.