A home move can be a little chaotic, but it doesn’t need to be!
The key is getting organized early on. To help you to organize the perfect house move, check out these four hints and tips.
Four Things You Can Do for an Easier Home Move
1 – Create A Budget
First things first, it’s a wise move to create a moving budget. You should include all of your moving expenses in your budgets, such as your removal company’s costs, the insurance, packaging materials, and any new items of furniture you’re going to need. To factor in your expenses with the rest of your monthly budget, try using budgeting apps such as YNAB, Mint, or Goodbudget.
2 – Deep Cleaning
When you’ve packed up your possessions, it’s time to deep clean your home. Many people prefer not to use chemical-based products, choosing DIY home cleaning solutions such as vinegar, lemons, baking soda, and essential oils. There are also many green cleaning brands that you can try out, including ECO, Puracy, and Seventh Generation. To support your cleaning, try using the following tools:
- Tody: With the Tody cleaning app, you can create customizable cleaning lists, plan your cleaning schedule, and get organizational hints and tips.
- House Cleaning List: This app has all you need to get your home looking spotless in no time. You can choose from over 150 + tasks to create your lists, plus add your own.
- Spotless: Another excellent app for cleaning, Spotless speeds up the process, so that you can get things looking great, fast. Whether it’s cleaning windows or removing carpet stains, Spotless can help you get on top of the cleaning.
3 – Declutter
You won’t want to move a load of old clutter to your new place, so it’s best to get rid of everything you no longer use. When you are decluttering your home, you’ll want to keep things green, ensure that you dispose of your old possessions by recycling or selling. There are many places where you can sell your old stuff, including Wallapop, Decluttr, and Facebook marketplace. Any money that you make from selling your old possessions can be put straight towards your moving budget.
Decluttering can take some time, so you should start the process well in advance of your moving date. But if you are a sentimental person that is having a hard time getting rid of items easily, might as well find a storage space that can accommodate your belongings temporarily.
4 – Removal Service
It’s important to find a top-quality removable company to ensure that your move runs as smoothly as possible. Look out for a company with excellent experience, great reviews, and reasonable prices. Here are a few questions you might like to ask for a potential removable company.
- Do you include insurance in your services?
- Do you offer packaging services (if appropriate)?
- How long can I expect the move to take?
For a top-quality removal service, it’s well worth taking a look at SMARTBOX Solutions, Inc. With quality service, you’ll be sure to get a stress-free house move. Once you’ve got a quote from a great removal company, it’s far easier to plan the rest of your budget.
The Bottom Line: You can move home without losing your mind
When you move home, it can be very stressful–but it need not be that way! Good organizing before the trucks arrive to collect your valuables will keep you sane. Follow these four tips for a smooth transition.