If you’re a DIY enthusiast, you might love Pinterest as much as I do. As an avid Pinner, I have been trying to get involved with a few Pinterest group boards to share my ideas. I’ve run into two problems with this.
- Most of the more established boards are not accepting new Pinners/community members.
- The newer boards can be spammy.
Therefore, after a lot of checking into “How To” start my own Pinterest group board, I decided to start the How To Crew board. Right now, it’s a wide-open space. I am in the very beginning stages of developing this group.
Of course, I know that most of my followers love DIY topics. So I wanted to reach out and invite you to participate in this group board if you’re interested.
#How to Crew Pinterest Group Community Rules
Every Pinterest group has community rules. Here are the ground rules that I’ve established.
- Pins must have text overlay or be “rich” pins.
- If you post a pin, share a pin. So, for every one pin you post, please share one pin posted by another group member to one of your personal boards. This will help everyone share their pins far and wide! It only takes a second to find an awesome pin to share, so please do this!
- Please use the hashtag #howtocrew in the description of every pin + any other appropriate hashtag.
- Please use good taste and remember to keep your language family-friendly.
- Each Pin must be DIY-relevant. We only accept pins related to “How To” topics. These include cooking, DIY projects, furniture refinishing, gardening, etc. Basically, all things you pin should be home-related.
- Your titles don’t need to literally state “how to,” but they should be solid informational content.
- Pins don’t need to be your original work. If you think a how-to topic is relevant, go ahead and pin it (then remember to pin another crew member’s pin to one of your personal boards).
- Bloggers may use this to help drive traffic. However, you don’t need to be a blogger to join us! Just love all things DIY and be willing to engage with the group.
- Remember, this should be a fun and social way to curate quality pins. Don’t add “junk pins.” Let’s build this DIY community!
How To Join the How To Crew Board
The How to Crew is a community Pinterest board. You join by invitation (which comes from me). All who love DIY are welcome to join!
If you’re interested, please complete this form so I can email your invite to you. You must have a Pinterest account. I won’t spam you, but I do need to invite you by email. You accept and Boom! You can start Pinning.
I hope to see you all soon on Pinterest!
Have a happy DIY day.