Did you know that aging infrastructure is responsible for 30-50% water loss? Clean water is a precious gem that needs to be rightfully conserved. A simple water leak, if not detected, will lead to structural damage that will cost you hefty amounts of money in repairs.
Cracks and loose fittings on your pipes will always cause leakages in your structures. Detecting a leakage may be easy when the pipes are easily visible or slightly underneath the concrete.
But, leakages from underground pipes maybe be hectic to find and will require you to seek professional leak services.
Importance of Leak Detection
Leakage detection is an important process that you should always carry out when you inspect your home. Performing a leak detection will help you in the following ways;
- Ensuring a reliable water supply – water leakages account for a high water loss that would have been used for drinking and carrying out day-to-day activities.
- Cut huge water bills – just like any other service, water is not a free commodity. Water is hugely affected by demand and supply laws, where if it is scarce to get, the price goes up. Simple leak detection will ensure that water paid for is never wasted.
- Water safety – cracks on pipes will act as an entry for water contaminants that would contaminate water used for drinking. This poses a huge health risk to you and your family members.
- Structural damage – increased moisture affects a structure’s stability. A simple leak will cause a great deal of damage to your home’s foundation, cause mold growth and infestations that pose a health risk. A water mains breakage will result in damages in other buildings, making you liable for it. This will leave you in financial distress trying to cover the losses.
- Ensures that your furniture, appliances, and carpets have protection against water damage.
- Undetected water leakages will affect the central heating, which will affect house heating during the winter.
Why Hire a Professional Leak Detection Company?
Professional leak detection experts will offer quality services for tenants, homeowners, landlords, and business entities. By hiring a professional leak detection company, you enjoy the following benefits;
1 – Skills and Expertise
Professional leak detection companies have been in the business for a long time. This means that they have over the years gained experience, skills, and expertise. Their leak detection experts attend professional training to ensure that they only offer you the best services. They are equipped with all the necessary skills to detect and repair any leakages. This will not only put a smile on your face but also guarantee you 100% job satisfaction. When choosing out the best company to hire, look at their referral rate. Companies with a huge customer base and referrals are the real deal.
2 – High-Tech Equipment
Leakages might occur deep underground. Getting the exact point of leakage will not be possible with mere guesswork. Professional leak detection companies invest in high-tech and state-of-the-art equipment to offer quick turn-around services. The equipment helps them to locate the leakages without causing any more damage to your structures. They use acoustic listening devices, including ground microphones for leak location as well as video inspection tools. For the video tools, light and camera mount on a fiber cable and pass through the pipes to help them view the cracks.
3 – Saves you Money
Water leakages, if not attended to, will cause huge damage to your structure. Moisture will facilitate mold and mildew growth which poses a huge health risk to you and your family. Leak detection experts will identify where the leakage happens and will fix it to counter the problem. Leakages have led to increased water bills. Water damages will also make you incur repair costs to the affected areas. A simple leak detection process will help mitigate the possibility of water damages.
In the recent past, only a few professional companies offered leak detection services. Most homeowners would not afford the hefty fees that these companies charged. Lately, there has been an increase in the number of companies offering the services. This has led a healthy competition forcing the companies to offer quality and affordable services. Before seeking the services, call in for free consultation.
5 – Water Safety
Water is a precious and vital commodity for our daily usage, from drinking to cooking and doing laundry. Water must be kept safe and free from contamination to prevent any health risks. Contaminated water causes waterborne diseases which are harmful to you and your family. With this in mind, a professional leak detection company will find and fix all the leakage points that might lead to water contamination.
The Takeaway: Hire a Professional Leak Detection Company to Ensure Your Safety
You do not have to wait for the underlying disaster to happen. If you suspect any leakages within your home or office, make a call to professional leak detection experts to counter the problem before it gets out of hand.