Are you looking to contribute to a growing blog? We are always looking for fresh content that our readers will enjoy.
Our traffic is primarily a 90% American audience. However, we have attracted visitors from over 70 countries and 5 continents. Our highest traffic is Monday-Friday from late morning to early afternoon (US Eastern time zone). We cater to this traffic by providing our readers with fresh content regularly.
In addition to exposure on our blog, your guest post will be delivered to our over 7000 followers on Facebook, Twitter, and our Pinterest page which receives approximately 110,000 views per month. We do request that you share your published guest post on your social media as well as a courtesy. And also tag us @DIYHomeGardenBlog. It’s not required, but we love it when you do!
Want to contribute? Read our guidelines. Then, tell us about your contribution using the form below.
Please read these guidelines carefully before you contact us. Refusal to follow them will result in a denied submission or a non-response due to the heavy volume of spam emails.
- You must submit original content, no spinning the content. Rest assured, we will check it for plagiarism using Grammarly.
- The post must be at least 1000 words. You may not submit to us a sales pitch or advertising for your personal business. You can, of course, discuss your industry tips – but not all readers live near you or will be your customers.
- The article must provide relevant content such as DIY projects, home repair, original recipes, furniture refinishing, pet care, home safety, wellness, travel advice, or upcycling projects. We exclude promoting anything illegal.
- Please include at least one to two photos or infographics to support the article. Include photo credit with your submission if you do not own the photographs.
- Photos should be attached separately as a jpg sized to 630 px width, please. I cannot stress this enough. I will not use your photos and will use stock images if you do not comply.
- You get one permanent, do-follow links to your site; I do not allow backlinking to a sales or a product page. Your page must serve as a valuable resource for our readers. I also don’t permit links in the first paragraph of content (no need to spam a reader in the first section!)
- No links tied to a specific city: ie: no “Best desert view real estate in Tampa.” Our readers are global, seeing your city is a turnoff.
- No naked links. IE: no links like bestdesertviewstampa.com. It must be used contextually in natural English.
- You may include your photo and links to your social media.
- We will notify you of the publication date once you are accepted.
- DIY Home & Garden’s editorial team reserves the right to make any changes to become compliant with these rules if you submit content.
- Editorial changes are at our full discretion. We will keep your “main content” as submitted but might make title changes to what works best for our readers, fix grammar or tone, etc.
- Typically, we publish within 2 to 3 business days. However, this can be more or less depending on how many contributors we receive. To be fair to all, we work on a first-come, first-serve basis.