Simply delicious, pineapple rum cake is a current favorite around my house. It is moist, sweet, and satisfying.
My husband and I have been missing sweets and treats since I’ve been on Weight Watchers (currently down 22 pounds!). I recently discovered some fantastic baking recipes that are WW friendly and began to experiment with them and change them to my liking. This cake has only 4 points per serving. But even if you’re not dieting, it is rich and satisfying, so don’t let the “diet” ingredients scare you off!
Many of the Weight Watchers baking recipes involve cake mix and diet sodas. I tried a couple and they were sweet and moist, but I wanted a little something more. This is the best combination I’ve come up with so far!
A plain pineapple cake is great, but a pineapple rum cake? Get outta here! Even better. Although I haven’t tried it yet, I would like to try it with a garnish of toasted coconut to create a pina colada cake. But that would add points, so it hasn’t happened yet.
Simply Delicious Pineapple Rum Cake
- 1 – Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
- 4 oz Sprite Zero
- 1 – 20 oz can of pineapple tidbits in juice (NOT heavy syrup!)
- 1 tsp of rum extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Use cooking spray to coat a bundt cake pan
- Mix the pineapple cake mix, the entire can of pineapple and juice, and the rum extract and whisk thoroughly. I didn’t use the stand mixer on this one as I didn’t want the pineapple to become too bruised.
- Fold in the Sprite Zero (or Diet Sprite) last.
- Pour the entire mixture into the bundt cake pan. Use a rubber spatula to get all that goodness into the baking pan!
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Use a toothpick to make sure the cake is baked in the middle. Add three more minutes if needed.
- After the cake has cooled for 15 minutes, gently flip the bundt pan over onto a cake plate.
I’m sure that if you give this a try, you’ll love it! Please share comments with me if you give it a try. I’d love to hear how it works out for you. Also, please feel free to share photos of your cake on Facebook!