Ella from My Favorite Recipes has nominated me for this Blue Sky Tag. Check out her blog, My Favorite Recipes. Ella is a first generation German-American who shares her authentic recipes with the world. Looking them over, it makes me recall the flavors of my childhood. I think of the dishes cooked by my German and Polish grandparents. I’m looking forward to recreating some of these dishes.
The Blue Sky Tag is a fun June event for bloggers, and I’m thrilled to be nominated to participate. So, I guess I am “it.”
- Give 11 questions.
- Tag 11 people.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Don’t forget to thank the person who tagged you.
Questions Given To Me:
- Why did you start blogging? I have always enjoyed writing. In fact, I have a Bachelor’s Degree in English with a focus in writing. I love the idea of combining my love of the written word with my love for my DIY projects and recipes.
- How do you find time for your blog? I stay disciplined and write daily. However, I also need to produce social media content, the DIY projects, edit photos, and promote my website…that’s the hard part. I am blessed with regular contributors, Peculiar Erhis, Franki Hanke, and Alejandra Velazquez who give me a break from writing a couple of times each week. Each of these ladies is a great writer with a unique point of view. I love having them help me out!
- Do you have a blogging routine/schedule? I rise early… before 6 am every day of the week. I try to edit photos, upload photos, schedule my content, and comment on social media as I drink my morning coffee. The coffee helps. A lot.
- How long does it take you to finish writing a post? It depends on the post. Content with more photos takes longer than a recipe with only a few photos.
- Do you have a morning routine? See question #3. lol. I didn’t see this question when I wrote that response.
- What is your favorite autobiography? The Diary of Anne Frank. I admire Anne Frank’s grace in the face of such extreme danger. I wish I had known her…perhaps in heaven, one day.
- How many languages do you speak? Two – English and Spanish
- What does it mean to be a woman? Being a woman is a balancing act. I balance my husband, my full-time job, my blog, DIY projects, and life in general. Once I figured out that it’s okay to accept help, it became easier.
- Is your blog listed on your resume/linked-in page? No.
- How do you stay in shape? I live in NC so I sweat away the calories. Seriously, I am always on the go. I don’t have a workout routine per se, whatsoever.
- Are you doing any volunteer work, if so what kind and why? I just sewed pillowcases for a non-profit located here in North Carolina called Princesses on a Mission. This non-profit has a group of local college girls from East Carolina University who dress as Disney princesses and visit terminally ill children throughout eastern NC. They pack “chemo bags” to take to children battling cancer. These bags include everything they need to tote with them to treatments. Pillowcases were on their wishlist, so I sewed some to run by to them later this week.
Questions To My Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could meet any historical person, from any era, dead or alive, whom would it be?
- When is your most productive time of the day for writing, and why?
- Who is the biggest fan of your blog (other than yourself)?
- What do you find the most challenging about blogging?
- How many pets do you have?
- How do you unwind at the end of the day?
- What do you hope to accomplish by the end of 2017?
- Chocolate or strawberry ice cream?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- Choose one of the following vacations: an oasis in the desert, a tropical island, or a chalet in the mountains. Go:
- Kelleys Diy
- Old House in the Shire
- Bea Free
- Imperial Crochet
- The Webb Homestead
- Wish To Dish
- This Veggie Life
- Herbal Blessings Blog
- Biscuits and Ladles
- Life Less Ordinary
So to my nominees…tag, you’re it!